Bylaw Officer – Great Wage & Experience
The Municipality of Northern Bruce are looking for Bylaw Officers to work across Northern Bruce Peninsula to assist with the enforcement of local bylaws and provincial offences. This role would be ideal for recent graduates of the police foundations program, or those with experience in the field of justice, law enforcement, security, or other related fields.
This is a full-time, temporary role expected to last until at least the end of August but may be extended dependant on the impact COVID-19 has on the local tourism industry.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Wage – $19 an hour
- Mid-Day & Evening Shifts
- Work Outdoors
- Clothing & Vehicle Provided
- Great Experience for Recent Graduates
About The Role
Enforcement officers patrol all areas across the Municipality of Northern Bruce, including the communities of Lion’s Head, Tobermory, Dyers Bay, Miller Lake, Stokes Bay, Pike Bay, Ferndale, and Barrow’s Bay. Officers will write, file, track and take additional actions relating to the issuance of tickets in their assigned region. In addition, officers will patrol, monitor, and assist with the enforcement of various parking areas as required.
- 3-Shift Pattern (advised in advance) – 37.5 Hours Per Week
10am – 6pm
12pm – 8pm
4pm – 12am
- $19.00 Per Hour
- Vehicle & Clothing Provided
To apply, send your resume via this posting. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Location: North Bruce Peninsula
- Salary / Wage: $19.00
- Duration: 2-3 months
- Hours Per Week: 37.5
- Start Date: July 7, 2020
- Education Level: College
- Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
- High School Graduate
- Valid Drivers License & Clean Drivers Abstract
- General Knowledge of Municipal Government
- Understanding of Provincial Offences, Bylaws, & Other Municipal Laws, Statutes & Acts
- Clerical, Organizational & Computer Skills (specifically Microsoft Suite)
- Excellent Interpersonal & Public Relations Skills
- Ability to Pass a Criminal Background Check.
- How To Apply: Send a resume to; firstname.lastname@example.org
Temporary Full Time