MEDATech is a company that designs and builds custom mobile heavy equipment in the Construction, waste, transportation and energy sectors. Known as the ‘engineering ninjas’ in the heavy equipment world, MEDATech are looking for an Control Systems/Software Engineer to join their team in their Collingwood facility.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive Base Salary
- Great Benefits Package
- Involvement in multiple applications within the scope of the project
- Exciting hands-on role
About The Company
MEDATech have been designing and building custom mobile heavy equipment since 2003. They pride themselves on hiring people that have worked in mines and in other industries where they operated the kinds of heavy equipment that MEDATech build. This makes them the expert in building great machines and consulting on innovative solutions.
- They have been designing and building custom heavy equipment since 2003
- Clients are from Mining, Construction, Waste, Transportation and the Energy Sectors
- There are two divisions: ALTDRIVE, which makes all-electric powertrains; and BORTERRA, which makes advanced drilling equipment
- Strong Reputation in the Industry
About The Role
As a Control Systems/Software Engineer at MEDATech, you must have a Bachelors degree in systems engineering or software engineering with focus on control systems development or equivalent technical degree.
- Specifications development, systems analysis, modeling, simulation and implementation.
- Working on multiple applications within project constraints, including scope and timing to deliver excellent quality design work according to the client
- Good background in two or more of the following areas:
- Model-based controls development with rapid prototyping tools such as MATLAB/Simulink/SF
- Software development process knowledge e.g., requirements capture, architecture development, software design, implementation and verification / validation testing
- Model-in-the-Loop, Hardware-in-the-Loop or Software-in-the-Loop simulation, testing, and validation of control strategies ? Systems engineering ? Human/machine interface design
- Experience with two or more of the following areas:
- Hybrid / electric vehicle systems
- Energy storage systems, battery management systems
- Electric motor operation and control
- Vehicle dynamics simulation and control
- Active safety systems
- Spark ignited engine, compression engine, boosted engine, fuel injection equipment
- Various types of automatic transmissions, shift and clutch control
You’ll be a great fit for this position if you have previous experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
To apply, send your resume via this posting. We thank all applicants for their interest; selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Education Level: Grade 12
Control Systems/Software Engineer