Well established packaging manufacturer seeks Financial Controller (FC) for their Canada operations.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, the FC works closely with Plant and Corporate Management providing financial analysis to determine plant performance & customer profitability. The FC identifies opportunities for growth through analysing investment decisions and management of working capital.
The FC is responsible for managing accounts payable, accounts receivable, invoicing, payroll and other accounting systems; Executing, evaluating and reporting timely and accurate financial information. As well as directing accounting staff in Ontario, British Columbia & Quebec locations.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, lends expertise and advice with respect to accounting decisions, business decisions and overall strategic planning
- Responsible for the effective and accurate operation of accounts receivable, accounts payable, inventory, fixed assets, and job costing
- Manages receivables, accounts payables, collections & invoicing
- Compiles, prepares and presents financial information on a monthly/quarterly and fiscal year-end basis
- Leads annual budget process for Ontario and B.C. plants
- Provides monthly analysis and feedback to site leadership, divisional president and corporate director of finance on actual results versus budget and outlines recommendations to resolve discrepancies
- Supports Corporate Payroll with the management of bi-monthly payment schedule
- Responsible for government remittances (HST, QST, etc.)
- Conducts and/or participates in financial audits resolving issues and anomalies
- Ensures all payable invoices for respective plants are properly approved before payment in the Accounting System
- Manages support staff if/as applicable. Provides mentorship and employee development
- Develops and implements Accounting policies, procedures and practices
- Conducts internal audits ensuring appropriate controls are in place
- Participates in Corporate Finance projects as assigned
- Performs other duties as required
- Performs account reconciliations for Owen Sound, Langley & Quebec plants
- Maintains costing, overhead and labour rates in ERP system
- Maintains foreign exchange rates in ERP system
The Successful Applicant
- Fully qualified member of a recognized accounting body (CPA: CA, CGA, OR CMA)
- 5+ years related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Sound accounting knowledge and practical experience
- PC literate: e. Microsoft Office suite of products, excellent skills in Excel and spreadsheet preparation, experience and knowledge with a variety of accounting software programs, internet navigation, etc.
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills to organize evaluate and report data
- Strong organizational skills to ensure accessibility to information, data integrity, proper storage and filing of information, etc.
- Self motivated. Ability to multi-task, work independently and with minimal direction
- Written communication skills to prepare narratives and reports
- Excellent oral communication skills to interface with staff, external auditors, etc.
What’s on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Great working environment
- Work/Life Balance
Candidates are asked to apply to this posting. We thank all applicants for their interest; those chosen to proceed will be contacted.
- Location: Owen Sound, ON
- Start Date: September 9, 2019
- Education Level: University
- How To Apply: Please email your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Controller – Manufacturing